I'm here live blogging at the George Xu workshop in Sonoma, California. We are at a beautiful Zen Mountain retreat, I'm staying in a yurt.
Lots of fun people here, an argument about stem cells and qi nearly came to blows. Very funny, but then everyone laughed it off and went to breakfast. It is very stimulating already because there is a high level of skill for me to interact with and a high level of intellect too.
I heard both roosters and coyotes this morning.
George layed out his current iteration of levels, I will briefly state them for the record but I'm not sure if I got it right:
1. loose free and active upper body
1. (alternate) external/physical leads the dantian
2. Dantian leads the body, all types of dantian originating or controlling power
2. (alternate) dantain and body move at the same time
3. feet lead
3. (alternate) whole body is a dantian and empty, allowing the feet to lead
4. mind outside the body attacks opponents weak point (lack of awareness error), [this is seeing dependent] qi rising and sinking at the same time, empty and full at the same time.
5. Internal is bigger then external. (can be done with eyes closed)
These can be found on George's website described in other ways. But they have to be felt, that is the only way to learn/unlearn them.
Mean while I was thinking about a new way to define internal and external.
External: Upon seeing or feeling the "perfect model" one tries to copy it by refining what they already know.
Internal: Upon seeing or feeling the "perfect model" one tries to identify exactly what they are already doing and then just stop doing that thing (discard that power).
This then suggests that original nature, or predator mind, or true nature...whatever we want to call it, is available and discoverable only when we drop our aggression, only when we drop our identity, only when we discard all effort, only when we discard all intention, or focus...etc, etc....