Here are some cool links about important stuff I didn't know.
The Real Lone Ranger is way cooler than the fictional one!
Two Guns-Cohen! Personal Bodyguard to Sun Yet-sen? This story is epic and yet it is completely new info to me.
I was thinking the other day about the bright future of Martial Arts Conferences that mix academic and practitioner interests so that we may have a long love affair. Here are some Conference titles that I hacked out:
- The Martial Body, Enlightenment and Morality.
- The Search for Authenticity: Autonomy vs Community.
- Self-Defense and Sovereignty- Changing Laws and Social Norms within and between Cultures.
- Martial Arts as Expression- Symbolic and Ritual
- Social vs. Asocial Violence and the Endocrine System (Martial Arts as Physiology)
- Expressivity in the Martial Arts-Spontaneity, Creativity, Discipline, Innovation, and Inter-Arts Collaboration.
- Martial Arts and Social Thought- How Institutions Think- Community, Hierarchy, and the Market.