Here is what I got right.
- Updated version of Wordpress (from 2.0.1 to 2.5.1).
- New theme with widgets.
- Changed header image and colors (not finished yet).
- Added the most recent comments section to the sidebar.
Here's what isn't working.
- When I get a new commenter, I have no way to approve them...error of some kind. (I think I found a temporary fix: I think I can approve comments remotely through email.)
- My sidebar links/pages are in the wrong order and don't seem to have the flexibility I thought they would, of course it is better than what I was doing before which was...experimentally cutting and pasting php code. (I put "A1" in front "Classes & Videos" so that it would come before "Blogroll" in alphabetical order...silly, I know.)
- I pretty sure I messed up the wp-config.php file but most stuff seems to be working.
- My sidebar issues may be caused by my failure to delete certain files. I only found out about this through troubleshooting, so now I'm wondering if I should start over.
These errors and imperfections are probably things I can live with until I can find someone to help me. Wordpress Camp in San Francisco Aug 16th?
All this took way more time than it should have, but at least I got to see Hellboy 1 and 2 this weekend. Fun stuff. Mix Martial Arts watchers will notice the choreography style and moves used in the Hellboy 2 Troll Market Scene are all taken from inside the MMA Cage. That scene ends with a "ground and pound." La-la-la.