Heat in the blood has symptoms very similar to mild infection.Â If the heat is not cleared it can eventually become swelling of the joints, rashes or fever.
The word for mung beans in Chinese is chingdou, which can mean both clear or green. The long clear noodles made from these green beans areÂ sometimes called long-life noodles. Enjoy!
- 8 tender romaine heart leaves, washed and dried
- 1 small package dried beanthread, soaked until soft
- 2 large stalks of celery, cut in 1-inch strips and blanched in boiling water for 30 seconds
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on diagonal
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 eggs, mixed and cooked like thin omelet, sliced as celery
- 1/2 cup fresh blanched peas or sliced snowpeas
Strain soaked beanthread and add to boiling water and cook until clear and tender.
- 3 T peanut oil
- 1 T black sesame oil
- 1-1/2 T rice vinegar
- 1 T fresh peanut butter
- 1 T tamari
- 1 t curry or five spice powder
Blend all dressing items thoroughly with a wire whisk in a large bowl.Â Use water to create a light and creamy texture.Â Mix with beanthread and vegetables then chil for 30 minutes.Â Serve in romaine leaves.